Back to job search
Our client is a large and expanding business with exciting expansion plans in South Lincolnshire. As a result of these plans they are looking to expand their team by employing a Biomass Boiler Operative to work on their night shift.
As Biomass Boiler Operative you will be working in a modern, well-maintained facility as part of the Engineering Team. Your role is key to maintaining the operation of the biomass boilers overnight and ensuring downtime is minimised in any unforeseen breakdowns. Carrying out any minor adjustments and repairs to machinery, maintaining records and taking delivery of wood chip and oil supplies are all part of this role. Full training will be given on all biomass boiler and fuel delivery systems, however, we are looking for someone who is flexible and is keen to develop further as the business grows. This role is permanent nights, but the first month will be a day shift due to the requirement to attend training.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain good housekeeping throughout boiler houses and fuel stores.
• Make minor adjustments and repairs to machinery to maintain efficient operation of the plant.
• Notify Engineering Team of issues or need for repairs found during inspections.
• Maintain inspection documentation relating to biomass boilers.
• Receipt, test and record wood chip and oil deliveries arriving at site.
• Monitor ash waste outputs and schedule collections.
• Monitor and maintain stocks of engineering consumables.
• Perform maintenance activities such as greasing bearings, lubricating chains and painting.
• Assist Engineering team with contractors attending site.
• Communicate and work well within a busy Engineering Team to maximise boiler efficiency.
• Work effectively and efficiently to meet specified output requirements.
Education, Experience & Attributes required
• Able to work at heights and has good mobility to get around our large sites.
• Able to work nights with some flexibility to work days to attend training.
• MEWP, Telehandler and Working at Height experience would be advantageous, although training will be provided for the right candidate.
• Experience of working in an engineering/machinery environment in the horticultural or FMCG industry is desirable.
• A valid UK driving licence with less than 6 points is essential as travel between sites in Spalding will be required (using company vehicles).
• Resourceful, proactive and ‘can do’ attitude.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic standard of IT competency
• Excellent time management, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Honest, friendly, approachable and good team member.
• Solid judgement and decision-making skills.
• You will be able to work on your own initiative to a high standard, maintaining site safety at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a progressive company that promotes innovation, works in collaboration across teams and encourages personal development
- Sales Procurement Administrator
Job location: Spalding Job salary: £25000 to £25000
Job title: Sales & Procurement Administrato...
- Foam Knife Operator
Job location: Bourne
Our Client based in Billingboroough is looking ...
- H&S Coordinator
Job location: Spalding
Our Spalding based client is looking to recruit...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs