Head of Vegatable Sales Job Ref : J3503 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Due to continued expansion and restructuring, we seek a Head of Vegetable Sales to work at our head office site in Spalding. This new position will play a vital role in the continued growth of our business.
• Fully develop, implement and deliver a strategy for vegetable sales and marketing and meet financial targets. • Manage, motivate and lead a team to ensure all staff are competent and able to achieve their maximum potential. • Ensure the vegetable sales team is abreast of strategic developments in the sector and continually review internal activities and external environment to create efficiencies, effectiveness and exploit opportunities.
Candidates should demonstrate:
• Experience of at least one major area of relevance: horticultural seeds or fresh produce, crop production, trials and/or breeding. • Significant experience of working in sales/marketing, developing and managing key accounts and suppliers. • Experience in motivating and managing teams. • The successful applicant will also be proactive, organised, a good communicator, professional and a team player. They will hold a degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent by experience. • This role will involve some travel in the UK and occasionally internationally, so applicants must have a valid UK driver’s license, and be prepared to travel.
Salary commensurate with experience.
• Benefits include contributory pension scheme and life insurance. A company car will also be provided.
Production Planner Job Ref : J3505 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our Client produces chilled salads and vegetable products to the major high street retailers.
The Company employs 300 people and continues to grow. Therefore we are recruiting to the following position:
Responsible for maintenance of the production plan, monitoring material yields, usages and losses, etc.
This is a salaried role 5 days a week;
Previous experience in a similar role is essential
Head of Supply Chain Job Ref : J3500 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £70,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our client, a highly respected employer in the Spalding area is look to recruit a Head of Supply Chain to work for their company.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
• Responsible to the UK Board to define and develop the Logistics, Dry Goods Procurement, Sales and Operational Planning and Fulfilment Strategies to meet the needs of the overall business strategy and development.
• Implement Supply Chain best practices, protocols and procedures within the organisation and lead the Operations team to deliver the strategy.
• Deliver professional Supply Chain support to the Business aligned to the business strategy, that;
o Business and customer focussed o ensures excellence in business governance, regulatory and customer compliance o ensures the delivery and maintenance of full and accurate financial performance o consistency in performance, output, values and ethics across multiple sites o labour relations, moral and motivation are achieved in line with Company practice o designed to legally protect the business o the Health and Safety, and hygiene standards for the business are identified, implemented and reported upon as an when required
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a relevant system needs across the business and support the drive for continuous improvement in systems delivery
• Responsible for the researching, preparation and development of the Supply Chain budget, combined with interim updates as required in conjunction and aligned to overall business budget.
• Reporting and updating the Board in a timely manner on business activity and performance from an operational perspective. • Ensure that all protocols and procedures in relation to anti-corruption are instigated within the areas where purchase decisions for consumables and materials are made.
• Direct all members of the Supply Chain teams in delivering a given strategy
• Support and advise the Board in the review of Supply Chain developments
• Plan and project mange the implementation of business initiatives, events, mobilisations and integrations of new businesses
• Preparation and dissemination of management accounting information and relevant KPI’s to ensure performance monitoring and prudent decision making at all levels. • Champion cost control throughout the Supply Chain areas of the business, challenging all levels of management when required
• Direct the Supply Chain team in such a way that the business is compliant and the needs of all regulatory bodies are met on time
• Ensure the effective implementation of all policies relating to bribery and corruption, monitor adherence through contract negotiation
• Develop multi-skilled teams that are fit for purpose
• Determine and implement relevant and effective authority levels throughout the business
• Champion and drive a “Lean Manufacturing” approach to the production of goods on all sites
• Build a close working relationship with Customer operational teams to keep the business at the fore of opportunities and ahead of customers’ needs
PERSON SPECFICATION FOR THE POSITION OF HEAD OF OPERATIONS
a) Mandatory competencies and criteria. The post holder must:
• Substantial Senior management experience in an appropriate industry sector • Proven track record in senior Supply Chain Roles • Solid generalist and change management experience • Strong influencing skills at all levels. • Broad understanding of ERP and Business Intelligence systems • Sales and Operational Planning capabilities within volatile demand supply chains • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to identify opportunity for improvement, quantify and measure performance benefits • Strong commitment to continuing professional development • Pride and perseverance to deliver “best in class” performances • Experience of defining and delivering Supply Chain strategy and input in systems strategies to support operations • Demonstrable ability to create and implement plans across multiple sites and roles • Experience of developing succession and resource planning • Ability to motivate and develop individuals at a senior level • Ability to form solid working relationships, garnering respect, with Group Headquarters • Strong planning and organisational skills • Broad-based customer network, demonstrable operational interaction with the business’s customers • Strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills • Extensive experience of logistics with the UK retailer supply chain • Highly developed influencing skills • Strong ability to research and analyse information • Ability to deal with complex issues and resolve in the most appropriate manner whilst working within any known restraints • Cost awareness • A “can do” approach • Have experience of working in a fast moving industry where volumes will fluctuate on a seasonal basis • Have previous extensive experience of managing and budget planning • Consistency of approach to labour matters with a strong value and ethics base
b) Desirable competencies and criteria.
• Recognised external relevant qualifications • Have experience of working with a multi-site business
In return the company are able to offer an exceptional package, including Car Allowance, Private Healthcare and Company Pension.
Head of Research and Development Job Ref : J3400 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Due to continued expansion and restructuring our client is looking to appoint a Head of R&D, reporting to the Managing Director, to work at our head office site in Spalding. This position will play a vital role in the continued growth of their business.
• To lead and manage all R&D activities including breeding, trials, seed production and research contracts. • To develop strategies for R&D and ensure they meet the overall company strategy. • Set up relevant costing and budgetary control measures. • Maintain and build our close working relationships with our key partners.
Candidates should demonstrate:
• A proven track record in a similar role. • Leadership experience and good networking abilities. • Success in plant breeding. • The successful applicant will also be proactive, organised, a good communicator, professional and a team player. • They will be qualified to at least degree level with good experience of vegetable plant breeding techniques and the industry. • This role will involve some travel in the UK and occasionally internationally, so • applicants must have a valid UK drivers license, and be prepared to travel.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include contributory pension scheme and life insurance.
Health & Safety Officer Job Ref : J3494 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £30,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : My Spalding based client is currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to join their busy company.
Key Objectives: •To promote Health and Safety awareness and ensure all safety related functions are completed as required within the relevant Health and Safety Regulations. •To ensure Risk Assessments are in place for all activities, both on site and off, by both employees and external contractors. •To receive, record, and investigate reports of accidents and dangerous occurrences. To establish root cause and make changes to activity as deemed necessary to reduce/eliminate any risk.
Operational Tasks: •Alongside the training officer play an active role ensuring all training regarding Health and Safety requirements meets current legislation and there is an annual refresher programme in place. •Working alongside the departmental managers ensure there are SSOW in place for all equipment and that the relevant training is provided and that the staff are aware of their responsibilities as part of this SSOW. •Maintain the Approved Contractors list for your relative sites so that all external contractors used comply with all elements of Health and Safety. •Maintain a range of effective communication medium e.g. Health and Safety notice board to ensure that Managers and staff are kept up to date with Health and Safety matters.
Person Specification: •At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar position. •Excellent knowledge and understanding of a production setting and the part Health and Safety plays within the environment. •Ability to interpret safety legislation, make recommendations and communicate findings to Management/Director level for approval. •Ideally NEBOSH/IOSH or COSHH qualified (desirable). •Member of a recognised Health and Safety institute (desirable).
Category Marketing Manager Job Ref : J3501 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £45,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : My Spalding based client is now looking for an experienced Category Marketing Manager to join them on a permanent basis working Monday to Friday 8:30-5:30.
Key Objectives: • Accountable for the collation, analysis, reporting and presentation of all external market data for the business • Deliver market leading understanding of market intelligence, interpretation and inspiring innovation • Investigate and analyse both qualitative and quantitative data that is pertinent to the category, tasks and projects • Manage retail prices, promotional and photographic data bases. To incorporate all these components to build the complete retail picture with targeted insight commentary • Support the ‘Business Development Manager’ in delivering key business and customer projects encompassing the client’s group product portfolio.
Operational Tasks: • Undertake the “Category Development Champion” role on a minimum of 3 key retail accounts and range of product areas • Ensure the efficient and correct delivery of key market data sources to the business with multi-faceted insight lead interpretation and clear suggested action based plans as a result • Participate and lead where appropriate in the preparation of data and presentations with the objective of supporting business reviews and proposals. • Support all colleagues by providing all forms of data in numerical or visual form as deemed appropriate • Closely liaise with all external sources involved in the comparative shop and market data sources to ensure the best coverage of the market at all times • Participate proactively provoking innovative ‘out of the box’ thinking, taking the lead where appropriate to key product areas in supporting the NPD and varietal launches including establishing the market positioning, ranging, packaging, merchandising with a balanced commercially focussed end plan. • Assist the Head of Business Development and Marketing in delivering business strategies and development projects
Person Specification: Mandatory - • Degree level qualification /equivalent or specific category marketing management experience of a minimum of three years • Accomplished lead role for at least one of the top grocery retailers • Experience of both B2B and B2C marketing plan development, negotiation and delivery • Relevant business knowledge to the sector in developing a role as the ‘go to’ person for leading category intelligence • Wide knowledge and appreciation of the retail market place
Desirable - • Experience of brand marketing • Category specific knowledge • M&S experience
To a view a full job description please send your CV.
Product Manager Job Ref : J3484 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : We are looking to recruit a QA / Product Manager for our client in Spalding.
Reporting to the Ripening Manager and working alongside Operations, sales, procurement, surveyors, Defra, suppliers and customers, the main purpose of this role will be:
To assess, record and communicate the exact status and condition of incoming fruit and stock. To ensure stock is correctly stored, ripened and allocated to maximize customer suitability.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the fruit sector, including ripening.
This role is working on a 4 on 4 off basis.
• Self-motivated, energetic, confident • Consistent, diligent, decisive • Good communication skills
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Inspection, control and reporting of raw material • Stock management, rotation and allocation • Monitoring and reporting of yields and defects by pallet and grower • Maintenance of daily stock records and allocations • Management of the ripeners • Monitoring of store temperatures • Development of prophet system • Supervision of external surveyors • Maintenance of records • Preparation of customer and laboratory samples • Visits to outside stores, ports of entry and producers as required • To adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policy • To assist the technical team in all other activities as required
Health & Safety – Special Responsibilities
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work. • To co-operate with employer, as far as necessary, in observing the requirements of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ plus amendments and COSHH Regulations. • You shall not, intentionally or recklessly, interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety welfare at work. • It is your responsibility to ensure that your work area is kept clean and tidy at all times. Any spillages within your work area should be dealt immediately in order to minimize risk of accident to yourself or a work colleague. • You shall wear protective clothing or eye protection when provided by the Company
Process Technologist Job Ref : J3492 Location : Bourne, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our blue chip Bourne based client working with the FMCG industry is looking for a Process Technologist to join their existing team.
Working Monday – Friday the main purpose of this position is to ensure a customer approved product is delivered from development through to launch against a critical path, involving all parties and delivering total customer satisfaction.
• Excellent Communication and Organisational skills • Able to demonstrate sound business relationships with customers and suppliers • PC Literate. Numerate. Literate • ‘Can Do’ approach / Positive Attitude • Graduate Calibre or previous experience in a similar role • Be flexible in approach to the role • Preferred: • Auditing Experience • HACCP Training and experience • Previous experience within a Chilled Food Business • Experience of working with retailers • Food Hygiene Training
• With particular emphasis on process design and food science, understand and apply relevant standards so that customer, client and legal requirements are met. Apply process knowledge, to ensure food safety and quality standards are met through soundly applied HACCP principles. • Understand and apply relevant customer, client and legal standards to all process development trials. • Manage trials and projects as agreed with line manager and capture relevant information. • Work with other functions, NPD, operations, finance etc. to ensure clear communication of trial requirement outcomes, quality standards etc. Ensure artwork is accurate and signed off within requested timeframes. • Use technical knowledge to challenge current and proposed processes, practices and products within the business. • Provide timely and relevant information to both internal and external customers. Be the key customer contact for agreed products during customer attend pre-productions and factory trials.
QA Auditor - Nights Job Ref : J3507 Location : Bourne, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £28,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our client a Blue Chip FMCG company based in Bourne are looking to recruit a QA Auditor to work in their busy factory.
Reporting to the QA Supervisor/Manager the main purpose of this role will be to audit, monitor and evaluate quality systems and procedures and provide technical support for the operational teams while maintaining and promoting technical and quality standards in line with business need and customer requirements
•To understand and apply the business Quality Standards ensuring company, customer and legislative requirements are met and maintained by setting standards and monitoring good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles and preventing recurrence of non conformance against these standards •To audit compliance against Quality Management Systems and GMP, raising all non conformances against relevant standards with objective evidence enabling the operational teams to take the appropriate and necessary corrective action, to follow up and monitor completion of actions •To ensure all product testing, organoleptic, micro and chemical, is carried out according to the agreed schedule and in line with customer codes of practice. •To complete micro testing against specific schedules or requests and assist the QA Supervisor/QA Manager carry out full investigations including traceability for all out of specs results and customer complaints •To support the Factory teams by providing technical support and advice, seeking guidance from the QA Supervisor/Manager on any technical issues e.g. CCP and pre requisite management, calibration of measuring equipment, labelling, raw materials, and traceability. To work with the production teams on continuous improvement of technical control •To support NPD trials and product launches, managing micro testing and product life assessment to ensure product is manufactured to correct standard •With guidance from Line Manager, coordinate day to day activities to deliver improvement of Technical KPIs •To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to heath, safety and the environment
This position is on a 4 on 4 off basis, with the start times changing on a 3 month rota, between 05.00 / 06.00 / 07.00.
Description : Our Client in Spalding is looking for regular weekend workers to work in a chilled factory environment picking and packing products ready for dispatching, however daily duties may change as they like workers to be mulitskilled.
Hours are 8.00-16.30 every Saturday and Sunday, our client prefers continuity and this would be every weekend until further notice, possibly with more hours in the future.
Description : Our client is seeking two enthusiastic and self-motivated Ground Workers, with experience of working with concrete.
The successful candidates must have previous experience of carrying out the following duties.
• Loading and unloading tools and materials from a 3.5 tonne flat bed tipper truck. • Lifting a petrol engine cement mixer off and on to the truck
Experience of using power tools
• A large angle grinder powered by a petrol engine • A cement mixer • A concrete breaker tool • Cordless power tools
• Experience of and the proven ability to batch materials in the correct ratio to produce a consistent mix of concrete that achieves the required strength and finished quality • Previous experience of laying concrete material • Use of hand tools to achieve the desired surface finish Basic formwork • Candidates will have the skills to cut and install basic formwork edges to support the wet concrete mix whilst it dries in position.. The use of premixed cold tarmac • Prepare potholes in tarmac roadways to garages to receive tarmac repair
Collecting bulk waste.
• Collecting construction related and bulk domestic house hold items for transporting and disposal by transfer into skips.
• The successful candidates will be required to follow basic verbal and written instructions and any plans to achieve the required outcome. • An ability to think through and find solutions to minor technical problems encountered during the course of carrying out concrete repairs.
• Candidates must have a current driving license with no endorsements
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
• Candidates will be required to provide evidence that they have undergone a recent DBS check.
The agency appointments will be subject to an interview and will be initially for a period of 13 weeks.
Description : Our client near Sleaford is looking to recruit a new member to their QA team.
Based in the factory you will be responsible for testing and checking of our products to ensure that they meet or exceed customer quality standards.
Hours are on shifts, 6am to 2pm and 2pm till 10pm with overtime as and when required, we sometimes do ask for the hours to be extended to run until midnight and we also ask for weekend working which we will need cover, there will also be a day shift 8am to 4pm, three week rota.
Your Skills: You must have clear and concise communication skills. Be computer literate and be able to work to tight deadlines. You must have an eye for detail, and be able to record information accurately and at speed. Be motivated to maintain high standards. Must be able to work both on own initiative and as a member of a team. A good standard of personal hygiene. Good oral and written communication skills are required and paperwork to be completed and signed off where necessary. At all times adhere to the company food hygiene and Health and Safety policy. Experience of a similar role, but training is available to the right candidate. Due to our location the candidate will need own transport.
Description : Our client based in March, Cambridgeshire requires a temporary HR Administrator to cover a one month period of temporary work.
Duties will involve HR Administration, constructing and sending letters and using Word and Excel. You will also will be required to sit in on "one to one" meetings and produce meeting notes for distribution. Other duties will include general correspondence, processing fit notes and holiday requests etc.
Quite often the role will be stand alone so it is important that the person we recruit has previous HR Administration experience and is used to working on their own.
Hours of work are 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday for up to one month, possibly longer.
Salary pro rata £17,500 - £18,000 Hourly rate from £8.71 per hour depending on experience.
Description : We are looking for an Administrator to work on a night shift for a busy transport company near Spalding.
This position will involve working in the transport office and some previous experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Working Monday - Friday on a 20.00 - 05.00 shift your duties will include telephone work to national clients, dealing with Hauliers and Drivers in person and by telephone, data input onto a bespoke computer system and general admin duties. A major part of the job will also to be checking paperwork regarding vehicles as part of the Company's Compliance Scheme.
Applicants should have the ability to work unsupervised, be a true team player and be able to juggle a number of different tasks at the same time.
The role can be pressurised and stressful so candidates should thrive under pressure and have worked in a time critical environment in the past.
Central Administrator Job Ref : J3404 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £16,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : We are looking to recruit a Central Administrator for our Spalding based FMCG client.
Working on a continental 2-2-3 system 07.00 - 19.00, your role will include:
• Processing all orders from EDI upload through to vehicle despatch accurately. • Accurately book all required transport. • Reconcile haulage invoices & queries. • Produce all relevant delivery paperwork specific to each customer.
Due to the requirement to work at various sites it would be advantageous to have your own transport.
The ideal candidate will have experience with using EDI systems and also Data Entry skills.
If you feel that you have the skills for this position please email your CV to email@example.com
Account Co-ordinator Job Ref : J3483 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our Boston based client is looking to recruit an Account Co-ordinator
The role entails developing existing accounts to our network high street dealers and internet retailers. Your main duties will include developing business relationships with your customer base. You will also be responsible for processing customer orders and handling any relevant documentation.
The successful candidate will have: • Excellent customer service skills • A good telephone manner • You must be computer literate • Ability to multitask • Good attention to detail • Experience within a sales or telesales environment would be a distinct advantage but is not essential as full training will be given
This is a full time permanent position, for which we offer an attractive salary, a professional working environment and the opportunity to join a highly successful and progressive company.