Description : An exciting opportunity for a temporary to permanent Fork Lift Driver with a difference.
Required to work in our Warehouse and Factory areas, Candidates will be required to hold a full counter-balance forklift truck licence and be able to demonstrate good practical and communication skills, be energetic and enthusiastic in their approach.
Predominently the loading and unloading of vehicles, picking of product and consolidation of product stillages.
Heres where the difference lies, This is not an ordinary forklift position you will also be able to utilise your IT skills (knowledge of spreadsheets and database applications) as part of your role for data input purposes. This makes the role very varied and interesting. You will also be required to do manual handlig and have the ability to work as part of a team. You will have a good eye for detail and have all of the necessary Fork Lift Licenses required.
Senior Purchasing Manager Job Ref : J3680 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : My Spalding based client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Purchasing Manager on a permanent basis. Reporting in to the Head of Operational and Supply Chain Development you will be responsible for the following:
• Source, purchase and delivery packaging and production consumables to meet manufacturing plans at or below standard costs, in time (in full) and to buying specifications. • Develop and communicate a robust procurement and purchasing strategy which identifies strategic suppliers and delivers sustainable competitive advantage to the company. • Develop and execute an improvement plan for purchasing which demonstrates continuous improvement of key areas: Stock Holding; Redundancy; Wastage; Cost; Functionality; Out of Stocks. • Working with commercial and technical teams to deliver industry leading packaging development, securing first market where possible and providing sustainable competitive advantage to the company through continuous innovation.
Responsibilities: • Develop purchasing strategies for key categories such as: Flexibles, Punnets/Trays, Cardboard/Paper, Labels, Printing Consumables • Lead the development and use of purchasing key performance indicators and variance analysis routines. • Lead negotiations of major purchasing contracts. • Proactively manage material stocks to ensure write offs are kept to a minimum and coach the procurement team in a “we own the stock” mentality. • Champion the development and use of management systems such as Microsoft Navision for live stock and stock to sales management. • Ensure that customer, legal, food safety, and ethical guidelines are adhered to in particular: BRC manufacturing Standards, TESCO Manufacturing Standards, ETI base code as it applies to our suppliers, VALPAC requirements, and M&S How we do business guidance. • Lead and develop the purchasing team, providing SMART objectives, regular performance review, and coaching.
Person Specification: Key Experiences- • Sourcing, Purchasing and Expediting within a FMCG business supplying major UK retailers. • Sourcing, Purchasing and Expediting of Flexibles, Punnets/Trays, Cardboard/Paper, Labels, Printing Consumables. • Creation and management against budgets and standards. • Implementation of lean manufacturing rituals and routines such as balanced scorecards and variance reviews. • Working to British Retail Consortium manufacturing standards
Key Knowledge & Training/Qualifications- • Graduate level qualification supply chain, purchasing or operations management. • Negotiation techniques such as GAP or Glendenning – the complete skilled negotiator
Head of Research and Development Job Ref : J3400 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Due to continued expansion and restructuring our client is looking to appoint a Head of R&D, reporting to the Managing Director, to work at our head office site in Spalding. This position will play a vital role in the continued growth of their business.
• To lead and manage all R&D activities including breeding, trials, seed production and research contracts. • To develop strategies for R&D and ensure they meet the overall company strategy. • Set up relevant costing and budgetary control measures. • Maintain and build our close working relationships with our key partners.
Candidates should demonstrate:
• A proven track record in a similar role. • Leadership experience and good networking abilities. • Success in plant breeding. • The successful applicant will also be proactive, organised, a good communicator, professional and a team player. • They will be qualified to at least degree level with good experience of vegetable plant breeding techniques and the industry. • This role will involve some travel in the UK and occasionally internationally, so • applicants must have a valid UK drivers license, and be prepared to travel.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include contributory pension scheme and life insurance.
Head of Vegatable Sales Job Ref : J3503 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Due to continued expansion and restructuring, we seek a Head of Vegetable Sales to work at our head office site in Spalding. This new position will play a vital role in the continued growth of our business.
• Fully develop, implement and deliver a strategy for vegetable sales and marketing and meet financial targets. • Manage, motivate and lead a team to ensure all staff are competent and able to achieve their maximum potential. • Ensure the vegetable sales team is abreast of strategic developments in the sector and continually review internal activities and external environment to create efficiencies, effectiveness and exploit opportunities.
Candidates should demonstrate:
• Experience of at least one major area of relevance: horticultural seeds or fresh produce, crop production, trials and/or breeding. • Significant experience of working in sales/marketing, developing and managing key accounts and suppliers. • Experience in motivating and managing teams. • The successful applicant will also be proactive, organised, a good communicator, professional and a team player. They will hold a degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent by experience. • This role will involve some travel in the UK and occasionally internationally, so applicants must have a valid UK driver’s license, and be prepared to travel.
Salary commensurate with experience.
• Benefits include contributory pension scheme and life insurance. A company car will also be provided.
Description : We have a vacancy for a Quality Controller to work for our Spalding based client within the Fresh Produce sector.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Quality Controller having worked with Top Fruit, Citrus or Kiwi fruits.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
• Check packaging and products coming into the company and on the packing line • Check the label, to ensure that it is correct for the customer concerned • Continually monitor the quality of the product both in store, being packed and on shelf life • Maintain quality in line with customer specifications • Undertake any other duties required by the Management team • Check scales on line daily • Prepare samples for customers
Applicants will be expected to work on a shift rota as demand dictates, and the work will include working alternate weekends.
Estimator / Trainee Surveyor Job Ref : J3654 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £23,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Due to internal promotion, our client, a well-established local company is looking to recruit an Estimator / Trainee Surveyor.
Your role will be to assist the Technical Director in liaison with customers and the preparation of quotes within this high tech, high quality timber framed windows & doors business.
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages, incl. Excel & Word. • Experience of using technical/bespoke IT systems and CRM • Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications. • Positive, can-do attitude • A friendly, down-to-earth teamworker
• Previous experience of quoting within a wooden windows & doors business • Previous experience in window / door industry • Klaes system knowledge/use • Experience in construction industry or previous experience with estimating • Experience in Carpentry & Joinery
• Create full and thorough quotes in response to customer enquiries. • Liaise directly with customers (architects, main contractors, builders, consumers, installation companies) via email and telephone to ensure all requirements are understood and included in quote. • Provide customer liaison and service at all points of the customer journey from initial queries to production. • Promote awareness of the customer requirements and evolution within the Company, i.e. communicating trends/new repeat requests, etc. • Identify and understand the requirements of the customer and translate them into quotations that can be clearly understood by the customer & the production department. • Assist with the processing of customer enquiries, i.e. dealing with incoming query calls as required. • Develop the relationship between the Company and its customers. • Seek to achieve continuous improvement in everything undertaken to ensure customer service remains at the heart of what we do. • Support the business “To make Donington famous for timber framed windows & doors”. • Such other duties as required for proper fulfilment of the role. • Observe all safety rules and procedures, ensuring that the work area, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area. • Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc. • Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company.
3D CAD Designer Job Ref : J3607 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £24,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our Client is a Leading manufacturer of machinery for use in the UK and abroad in construction, Rail, Oil and Gas. Located near to a town but still in the countryside they are the ideal company for someone wanting a traffic jam free travel to work.
The successful applicant will join an experienced and ambitious design team and will be given the opportunity to develop their skills within a pioneering environment.
The individual must meet the following criteria: • 3D SolidWorks experience required with consideration given to experience in other CAD software • Able to take designs from concept to full detail drawings producing a bill of materials • Involvement in writing and compiling operation and parts manuals plus other company literature • Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team • Be familiar with all aspects of the operations within a design department • A dynamic individual and fresh thinker, with the ability to deliver to a deadline and avoid distractions
• Completed a suitable accredited engineering apprenticeship • Qualified in a suitable BTEC, National Certificate or degree in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline • Experience in a similar engineering or manufacturing environment a benefit but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this award winning team as we look to strengthen our existing team and set the standard for manufacturing quality and innovation across our global customer base and world leading brands.
Hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. A first rate salary and working environment is offered to the successful candidate.
Technical Engineer Job Ref : J3630 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our client based between Boston and Spalding is looking to recruit a Technical Engineer to ensure specifications on new projects are correct and amended before being sent to production.
Main Job Purpose:
To work proactively as a member of the technical design team, • In liaison with customers and suppliers, to prepare and create detailed instructions/CAD drawings & CNC Code for the manufacture of timber windows and doors. • Managing our design administration system to ensure excellent quality and control of design and production information • Working within the technical team on product development • Providing technical support to our sales and order processing teams.
• CAD knowledge and experience • Possess Engineering related Degree (or equivalent) • Mechanically minded individual who’s interested in how things are made • Natural creative flair along with strong technical ability. • Experience of and comfortable in speaking to customers • Competent IT user, confident with Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel and Outlook) • Willing to use the company-wide ERP system (Klaes) to manage Orders, projects and information flow in and out of the department.
• Autodesk Design Suite • A background in architectural, structural or building engineering. • Process improvement experience • Experience of Homag Woodwop 6 CNC software • An understanding of Klaes window and door manufacturing software • key focus on quality and understand what actions/methods are required to make improvements • A person with the initiative and drive to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion and derive satisfaction from a job well done. • Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
• Positive, can-do approach and use of initiative • Excellent administration and organisational skills and have the ability to work to deadlines • Strong attention to detail and accuracy • Tenacity, with root cause problem solving mentality
Role accountabilities: • Turning concept sketches into fully formed design drawings. • Take over responsibility for managing sales contracts once an order is received • Identify and understand the requirements of the customer and translate them into specifications that will be clearly understood by the production departments. • Manage the creation of production technical manuals. • Create new bespoke and improve existing CNC code. • Support ongoing 5S continuous improvement projects • Carry out contract and order reviews, both internally and by customer/client visit. • co-ordinate development between software packages. • Provide customer liaison and service. • Update drawings to 3D where required. • Produce drawings for customers and production. • Provide after sales service by telephone calls. • Under take Klaes development projects to improve business functionality and efficiency. • Such other duties as required for successful delivery of the role.
Description : Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Business Partner (Management Accountant) to be based at their offices in Spalding.
Reporting to the Head of Services for Finance your main responsibility will be to ensure delivery of effective business partnering, enhancing the quality of both client and company decision making through efficient operational finance practices. To ensure performance targets and service standards are met to deliver ongoing efficiencies and continuous improvement across all service activities.
The Company has an integrated (‘one-team’) ethos with an emphasis on providing outstanding services and improved performance to our clients.
The Financial Services function is responsible for adding value to client and company management through the delivery of best in class financial analysis and decision making.
Based mainly in Spalding, there may be a need to travel to neighbouring offices on an occasional basis.
Summary of Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• To act as the key point of delivery for financial services provided by the Company to the Client. • To deliver effective and comprehensive Business Partnering for services. • To ensure accurate information is available for client decision making and financial planning.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Timely and accurate budget monitoring (revenue and capital), including maintaining accuracy of ledger; maintaining schedule of reserves; production of monthly financial reports for managers, Directors and portfolio holders; regular advice, financial modelling and challenge to budget managers; drafting the quarterly finance performance reports; production of year end outturn reports and associated input into the Financial Statements. This will include presentation of financial information to Senior Managers and elected Members. • Provision of accurate and timely financial information throughout the year in support of decision making and reporting including: o Preparation and preparation of financial reports o Financial implications for all reports to members and management team o Freedom of Information requests – financial elements o Internal Audit reports o Press releases o Government Finance consultations • Monitoring public sector finance and Government announcements and their effects on financial planning and decision making. • Delivery of the annual estimate and medium term financial planning process, including the capital programme. Drafting reports to officers and members and ultimately to Council for the budget and council tax approval process. • Regular liaison with the S151 officer (and the member portfolio holder for finance). • Interpretation of key financial legislation and consultation documents • Ensure comprehensive delivery of professional financial services in line with the established Service Level Agreements. • Manage workloads and resources and, using live performance information, redress any targets under-performing. • Ensure compliance with Legislative, Company and Client policies ensuring proper governance arrangements are in place. • Demonstrate people management skills, promoting a positive culture, motivating teams and employees and effectively translating best practice HR initiatives within the overall context of Company employment policies and procedures. • Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Finance Teams Service Delivery and Operational Plans. • Carry out all other roles or task that are consistent with the level of this post or that fall within the scope of the role thereby ensuring that the overall business and operational priorities of the Company and Client are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed:
Skills and Education: a full CCAB qualification with up to date CPD; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and core financial systems.
Experience of: leading a finance team for a relevant period of time after qualification; recruiting and developing finance staff; liaising and negotiating with non finance colleagues; communication of finance information to senior colleagues; good working knowledge of the full range of financial control procedures; strong analytical and presentational skills; strong facilitation skills and ability to influence at all levels.
Knowledge of: up to date accounting standards and reporting
Full UK driving licence.
Skills and Education: Management Qualification
Experience of: Housing Revenue Account and Local Housing Companies, input into strategic financial planning; representation on project/working steering groups.
T & A Administrator Job Ref : J3388 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Part Time Contact: Carly Chapman
Description : Our Client in Spalding require a part time T & A Administrator to correctly record, process and pay weekly paid employees, and to maintain and agree the weekly agency hours in line with pre-agreed deadlines. based in the factory office, asT& A you will need to complile reports, complete KPI and wastage sheets, this role is heavily presurised so the ideal person must be able to work in this type of enviroment.
3 days a week, 22.5 hours, but flexibility is desirable, on a tempoaray basis
• Proven experience in office administration • Proven ability to build positive working relationships at all levels both internally and externally • Good Team player • Accuracy, attention to details, tenacity, drive and enthusiasm • Good communication skills • Be able to work to strict deadlines • Must have good working knowledge of Excel • Confidentiality • Good numerical skills • Be able to deliver excellent customer service to both internal and external customers in a timely manner
Outbound Telesales Executive Job Ref : J3620 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Carly Chapman
Description : Our Client based in Boston is looking for a Permanent Outbound Telesales Executive
Due to the continued growth, we are seeking an additional Outbound Telesales Executive to complement our existing team. This is an exciting opportunity for hard-working and ambitious individuals to become an integral part of our outbound Telesales team.
Previous outbound Telesales experience is compulsory and you should be enthusiastic and willing to pick up the phone and meet call targets.
Outbound Telesales isn't’t always easy and isn't’t for the faint hearted, but working within our existing team, you’ll get 100% support and first class training.
We’re looking for candidates with:
• Experience within a sales or Telesales environment • Excellent customer service skills • Experience in all MS Office packages • Ability to multitask • Good attention to detail
Excellent Salary package
Sales Order Processor Job Ref : J3636 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £17,000.00 Contact: Carly Chapman
Description : Our client based in Spalding is looking to recruit a Sales Order Processor to work in their busy fresh fruit company.
Your main duties will be processing the daily orders for major multiples and therefore it is essential that you have a working knowledge of Prophet software.
Hours will be discussed at interview however some flexibility will be required during busy periods.
Financial Accountant Job Ref : J3673 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our FMCG Client in Spalding is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Excellent salary package.
Background: The Site Finance team are responsible for the consolidation of financial results and accurate & timely reporting to group & business functions along with the cost management/ overhead accounting for the company
This role will be a vital support to the Company allowing the individual to gain valuable experience with the opportunity to build a career within the Finance function and span a variety of areas including overhead accounting & reporting, fixed assets, intercompanies & consolidation.
There will be opportunity for the individual to develop both within the Site Finance team or other areas of the business.
Responsibilities: Weekly • Oversee the running of the accounts payable function, liaising with suppliers and Central Finance Team to resolve any queries. This will involve the supervision of the one Finance Assistant • Maintaining site GRIR below targeted limit. • Be the link between the site and the buying team to ensure vendor information and pricing is correct in the system. • Track overhead spend • Control of the site purchase order process, defining and enforcing control points.
Monthly • Production of the overheads element of Management Accounts for Spalding to a 6 day deadline, including processing journals in Infor M3 and completion of Month End reporting pack. • Assist in preparation of Monthly MFR presentation and supporting schedules. • Full reconciliation of the financial accounts to the weekly management accounts with complete explanations of differences. • Monthly balance sheet reconciliation's of all key balance sheet accounts. • Liaising with site operational management to deliver overhead reduction plan. • Reforecast overheads in line with forecast timetable • Auditing of capital projects ensuring projects remain in budget and deliver benefits. • Provide senior management with detailed analysis of overhead spend and present to senior team each month the progress to date.
Annually • Provide all the analysis to the Central Finance to support year end accounts. • Take control of all overheads and payroll aspects of the annual budgeting process.
Other • Standing in for/ad hoc requests given by the site Financial Contoller
Education Part Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant Maths A- Level (A-C grade) Educated to Degree Level
High Attention to detail Confident Team player Work to tight deadlines Good communication skills Dynamic and enthusiastic Challenges the status quo Good organisational skills To be able to work on own initiative
Traffic Operative Job Ref : J3682 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £22,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : My Spalding based client are currently looking to recruit a Transport Operator to join their busy team working on a night shift Wednesday - Saturday.
You need to be enthusiastic, energetic and willing to learn quickly.
Responsible for the planning of Company and/or third party resources. Effectively managing vehicle utilisation and ensuring drivers are given clear and precise instructions. Ensuring that all service levels are met cost effectively and within the constraints of drivers hours and H & S regulations.
The role-holder will be required to be responsible for and undertake the following tasks: • Ensuring that all elements of the job are effectively communicated to drivers and sub-contractors. • To plan the effective utilisation of drivers, vehicles, sub-contractors and agencies ensuring that all Company sites are fully considered when doing so. • Ensure that all drivers are working within a safe environment and follow driver hours regulations. • Close liaison with other operators and team leaders to discuss efficiencies and agreed operational practices. • To assist in the control of equipment, ensuring that customer requirements are met and recorded. • Effectively manage the balance between own fleet and sub contract requirements, identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement
Educated to A-level and ideally Graduate standard Able to work to challenging deadlines in a pressurised environment Excellent planning and organisational skills Initiative and the ability to work unsupervised Proficiency in Word and Excel
Admin Job Ref : J3658 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £20,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Working in the Sales Office, our client is looking for an administrator to be responsible for Sales Administration, Stock control and Data input.
Duties include, sales order processing, stock control, working with the production department, booking transport/deliveries, dealing with customers, some commercial admin duties.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
The hours of work are 07.00-16.00/08.00-17.00 depending on business needs and will include weekends on a rota.
A general admin person who is quick thinking, accurate, good with numbers, flexible, willing to step up to team leader/supervisor level, aware of the production industry and how it works.
Alarm Engineer Job Ref : J3648 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : We are looking for an experienced Installation and Maintenance Engineer to work for a well-established security company based near Spalding.
The main purpose of this position will be to carry out the installation of security systems in line with NSI requirements and the associated British and European standards.
Essential Requirements: • Understanding of Electrical Principles • Understanding of IP networks • Want to progress in a diverse industry with electrical knowledge being at the forefront but will extensively include IT, IP networking, System programming, Mechanical engineering
Desirable Requirements: • Electrical Principles • Electrical Installation practices • Electrical fault finding • IP Networking • Intruder alarms • Fire alarms • CCTV systems • Detection activated monitored CCTV systems • Access Control Systems • Integrated solutions • Gates and Barriers • Emergency lighting Role accountabilities: (overall responsibilities) • To act in a professional and friendly manner when dealing with all customers and staff. • To carry out Installations and/or maintenance on the above systems to meet quality standards and company policies and procedures. • Provide 24 hour callout out as required on a rota basis, including weekends, public holidays and periods of staff holiday and sickness. • Use of technologies and admin systems as required (PDA, tablet). • Liaise with the Technical Manager for advice on systems and technical problems. • To attend meetings as requested. • To ensure customer needs are satisfied regarding sales and service. • To ensure compliance to security systems response as to NSI requirements. • To ensure adherence to the Quality requirements of ISO9000 and compliance with the National Security Inspectorate and to complete internal audits as directed. • To maintain a good working relationship with other departments. • To attend internal and external training courses as and when required. • To work within the confines of the Data Protection Act 1998: respecting the rights of Data Subjects and ensuring that personal data is processed as described in the Company's Data Protection Policy. • To assist in other areas of the company operations (within capabilities) as required. • Such other duties as required for proper fulfilment of the role.
Multi Skilled Engineer Job Ref : J3686 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our client, a FMCG company in Spalding are looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Engineer on a 4 on 4 off night shift.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor the main purpose of your job will be to use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment. Provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services at all time. Train and develop production staff to deliver their first line maintenance objectives. Identify and develop projects.
• Time served apprenticeship or equivalent • Recognised engineering qualifications • Previous maintenance experience – manufacturing environment preferable • Advanced understanding of PLC & computer programming and data acquisition • Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills • Self managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team • Flexible working attitude. • Sound communication / training skills with ability to apply these when under pressure • Ability to work alongside people with diverse skills and understanding • Methodical record keeping is essential
• Knowledge of 17th Edition • Pneumatics qualification or training. • Experience of steam distribution systems.
• Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements. • Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used. • Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these. • Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff. • Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment. • Respond / assist / investigate cause of a factory Fire Alarm / Evacuation as requested by the incident controller / engineering / production management team. • Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.
Description : Our rapidly growing client based in Spalding is looking for a Team Leader to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have worked within the Fresh Fruit environment in a similar role, or someone who has worked as a Line leader and is looking to progress their career.
You will be working on either days, 07.00 - finish, or as the business gets busier you will be required to work shifts 05.30 - 14.00 / 14.30 - finish. weekend work will be required.
QA Job Ref : J3670 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £22,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our Client based in Spalding is looking for a QA is on 4 on/off nights, 6pm to 6 am, in a permanent position working within a food production environment
The main purpose is to audit, monitor and evaluate quality systems and procedures and provide technical support for the operational teams while maintaining and promoting technical and quality standards in line with business need and customer requirements
To understand and apply the business Quality Standards ensuring company, customer and legislative requirements are met and maintained by setting standards and monitoring good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles and preventing reoccurrence of non conformance against these standards To audit compliance against Quality Management Systems and GMP, raising all non conformances against relevant standards with objective evidence enabling the operational teams to take the appropriate and necessary corrective action, to follow up and monitor completion of actions To ensure all product testing, organoleptic, micro and chemical, is carried out according to the agreed schedule and in line with customer codes of practice. To complete micro testing against specific schedules or requests and assist the QA Supervisor/QA Manager carry out full investigations including traceability for all out of specs results and customer complaints To support the Factory teams by providing technical support and advice, seeking guidance from the QA Supervisor/Manager on any technical issues e.g. CCP and pre requisite management, calibration of measuring equipment, labelling, raw materials, and traceability. To work with the production teams on continuous improvement of technical control To support NPD trials and product launches, managing micro testing and product life assessment to ensure product is manufactured to correct standard With guidance from Line Manager, coordinate day to day activities to deliver improvement of Technical KPIs To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to heath, safety and the environment
What you will be expected to do: • Audits carried out in a timely fashion • Works accurately • Non conformances noted • Corrective actions established • Writes reports with clarity • Reports back to relevant managers • GMP issues reported • Manages corrective actions
If you went the extra mile: • Internal audits completed as well as routine audits • Ideas on improvement to systems put forward and implemented • Proactive in reducing recurring non conformances • Establishes training to develop operations to rectify non conformances • Puts forwards ideas to improve GMP • Challenges operational management when corrective actions not managed • Approaches activities with an auditing / questioning view rather than accepting the first or most obvious answer to the question
To support the Factory teams by providing technical support and advice, seeking guidance from the QA Supervisor/Manager on any technical issues e.g. CCP and pre requisite management, calibration of measuring equipment, labelling, raw materials, and traceability. To work with the production teams on continuous improvement of technical control
• All relevant tasks completed in a timely manner • Monitors effectiveness • Raises issues • Willing to share knowledge • Seeks out advice when needed • Ensures standards are adhered to
Technical Assistant Job Ref : J3679 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £23,000.00 Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our client, a well established manufacturing company based between Boston and Spalding are looking to recruit a Technical Assistant on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role is to:
Produce technical specifications for manufacturing bespoke high performance timber windows and doors, working with the customer and internal departments to ensure the products are optimised for the project requirements.
• Experience with CAD software • A good eye for detail and a high level of accuracy with data entry and complex specifications • Able to think logically with a proven problem solving ability • Confident and organised with excellent communication skills • Understand the importance of providing excellent customer service and is able to deliver on this • Possess drive, ambition and determination to develop technical knowledge of the products we supply and manufacture • Mechanically minded individual who is interested in how things are made • Able to work in a methodical manner and is comfortable working in a team
• Previous experience in a technical sales order processing/customer service role • Experience in the window/building industry processing technical order requests • Technical knowledge of timber windows and doors • Expert knowledge and experience with AutoCAD
• Process customer orders (post quotation) updating all information to meet the technical requirements of the project. • Communicate with the customer to ensure all of their requirements are met. • Discuss special requirements internally to ensure that optimal solutions are found. • Produce supplementary drawings in AutoCAD to clarify non-standard requirements. • Provide production and installation support. • Support with the development of systems and processes. • Such other duties as required for successful delivery of the role. • Observe all safety rules and procedures, ensuring that the work area, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area. • Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc. • Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company.
Parts Assistant/Store Person Job Ref : J3684 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Salary to : £15,600.00 Contact: Carly Chapman
Description : Our Client is looking for a full time, permenant Parts Assistant/Stores Person
Hours 8.30 till 17.30 hrs Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturday mornings (flexible approach to working hours required)
Benefits 22 days holiday. Overtime paid for Saturday Mornings.
The buisness is working within a busy Automotive Trade Parts Counter and Stores at our Spalding Depot
The successful Parts Assistant/Stores person will demonstrate the ability to work within a busy and demanding “All Makes” parts department. Dealing directly with Trade and Retail customers plus Suppliers. Duties will include dealing with telephone and trade counter enquiries and sales, cash handling, computer invoicing, ordering and parts identification, plus general stores duties including stock management.
The successful applicant will be honest and reliable and have a good general knowledge of automotive components including auto electrical parts. Also be able to work at our Sleaford Depot when needed.
Section Manager Job Ref : J3685 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : My Spalding based client is now recruiting for a Section Leader to join their busy factory.
You must have experience of managing teams, be a clear and logical thinker, be flexible in your working hours and have previous experience in a production management role. Preference will be given to candidates from a food industry background who hold a food hygiene certificate.
Job Purpose: To ensure that products are manufactured within allocated areas to quality standards at minimum cost to laid down plan, in line with area CCP, GMP and H&S and agreed KPI targets. To actively identify and participate in the delivery of continuous improvement activities to exceed agreed targets.
Role Accountabilities: Health & Safety - To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy. Quality Standards - To maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met. Performance Management - To appropriately manage the performance of all teams members. NPD Process – manages the NPD process within their area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch. Managing through use of KPIs - To ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. Recruitment - Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and responsible for supervision and coaching of Section Leaders (or other direct reports) in the recruitment process for staff at all levels below.
This is a full time, permanent position working 22.00 - 06.00, 5 days in 7.